Bits and pieces of our life together in the Big Apple

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Catch up.

Here is a little catch up for what we have been up to the last couple weeks. :) This past weekend Scot & I ventured up to Boston for my cousins wedding. I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid and it was so fun to celebrate this occasion in honor of someone I love and I have grown up with. Congratulations to Cassie & Pete. Doesn't she look gorgeous?!


Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. It was a really fun time getting to know all the other bridesmaids and groomsmen and enjoy some great food. Poor Scot wasn't feeling too well, but he was a trooper and came to be my date through it all.


The next morning I did a little Christmas shopping, and then went to the hotel Cassie had gotten to get ready in. All the bridesmaids got dressed up and then the bridal party went into Boston for pictures. It freezing out, but so fun to drive around my home city. There's just something about Boston that will always make me smile. A perfect place for these wedding photos. 



Then was the sweet ceremony and reception. What a wonderful wedding it was. So happy we got to be a part of it. 


 Father-Daughter Dance. So sweet. 


Then on Sunday we had a great opportunity to go with my family to my Grandmothers church as she was putting on a Christmas program with a holiday sing along and treats after. This was a very special time to be with my family and we were lucky enough to have my best friend Megan, her boyfriend Jeff, and her Mom Lindsey come join us. The highlight for us was when Megan and I decided we would volunteer to spice things up a bit by interpretive dancing to the classic "Let it snow" in front of the whole church. Oh goodness. How Megan convinces me to go along with her ideas, I have no idea. But it was hilarious and tons of fun!
Enjoy.





We tried to convince the boys to go next, but needless to say--they were too chicken. ;)

The weekend before that was So much fun! We had our two twin nephews over for a birthday slumber party! They turned 6 this past weekend, and since we were going to be gone for the wedding, we decided to do an Uncle Scot & Aunt Sarah celebration the weekend before. These two little guys are so fun and such sweeties. They had a lot of fun, but I think we had more fun than them! I'm sure the neighbors didn't appreciate this, but we sure do know how to party. :) Check it out. 




Watching Saturday morning cartoons after a long night...

 Watching a Christmas movie. The boys all snuggled up . Precious. 




...That's all for now! Nothing like spending time with friends and family. Life is so good to us. :) PS. Almost time for our trip to Utah! Yahoo! Can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. You are the best Aunt and Uncle! What a wonderful birthday celebration for those sweet, special boys! They will remember that time with you for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! I loved this post about the twinnies. You and Scot are so creative and fun. I also enjoyed reading the sweet letter to your future hubby. Oh my, so awesome. "If you're Mormon, that won't be a problem...!!" I'm glad you married into our family. Also, you are a very good writer!!

    ReplyDelete