Bits and pieces of our life together in the Big Apple

Friday, November 2, 2012

Life These Days....

It's been a great week. The aftermath of Superstorm Sandy definitely left her mark on NYC. Scot worked from home this whole week, and I only went into the office for half the week, and on Wednesday I had to walk all the way there because Public Transportation was still shut down. I definitely got my work out that day. Here are some pictures of the things we did this week :)




For Mondays family night this week we carved pumpkins while watching a Halloween Movie! :) It was so fun. We decided that we would carve Jack-o-Lantern versions of each other into our pumpkin. So I carved Scot & he carved me. This is how they turned out:



  





Notice the ponytail and dimples on the one Scot did of me. He was very proud. Haha :)




My Husband is the cutest. :) How did I get so lucky? 





Tuesday we wondered around town to see the damage from Frankenstorm. Trees were down everywhere. the whole atmosphere was gloomy and somber as everyone emerged from their homes in awe of the destruction.  At least we were on the Upper East Side, where nothing too terrible happened. Our hearts go out to those in Lower Manhattan...



On the way to work, I walked through central park to see the damage, and I saw this beautiful view. I forget how much I love central park and it's nature-y feel. :)


I also saw this graffiti on the back of a truck. Made me miss my Utah Home....



On Halloween night we got together with a few couples from the ward for a little Halloween Party. A few of the girls made these DELICIOUS treats-- Caramel apples dipped in white chocolate and then rolled in cinnamon sugar. If that isn't just the most Heavenly thing you've ever heard. Ah, it was sooo good! 

However, we couldn't stay very long because we got a really exciting phone call from our West Side Marsden family. It was the night! Our Sister-in-law Diana was about to have her 7th! child. :) We hurried up and got over their to watch the other kids for the night so they could go to the Hospital. It was quite the week for the Marsden family with TWO new children. Scots brother Mitch & his wife Sam had their 2nd earlier this week as well. I can't believe we are now an Aunt and Uncle to FIFTEEN! ( All under the age of 9 )
 we are pretty lucky people. 

Life these days is relaxing, exciting, and amazing. 

Happy Almost Weekend! :) 


3 comments:

  1. So Cute!! I LOVE the pumpkins!!! You two are too cute! Ok..I am sick of it...I am sick of being a slacker...Let's hang out ASAP!! LOVE YOU BOTH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I just love reading your blog. Loved the Utah graffiti! We miss you guys around here too! Looks like you guys are just living thr life!! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pumpkins were great! So glad you are safe. Thanks again for helping the West Side Marsdens!

    ReplyDelete