Bits and pieces of our life together in the Big Apple

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Exploring.

 With Scot gone on a business trip this week-- I've been missing him a lot. It's no surprise seeing as we haven't spent a night apart since we were married...It's been lonely around here. However, I guess I can't feel that lonely in a city full of 8,244,910 people. But still, the apartment itself is lonely. Even before Scot, with all the roommates I've had the past few years of college-- I haven't been in an apartment by myself for very long. Which is why I haven't spent a lot of time there. It's not that I don't love being at home, in fact I really love being at home. But I have to admit, I am a little bit of a social butterfly. I love being around people. And...with no where to go, no one to see, and nothing to get home to. I have decided to do a lot of : Exploring. 

It's been getting chilly here in the big city. Fall is definitely in the air, and on Monday night when I decided to explore, I got all bundled up in my pea coat, mittens, and a scarf.Of course, I popped in my headphones and just started walking. It felt so good. After sitting in an office all day everyday, going for a walk is like Christmas. I walked and explored for almost 3 hours. I just kept going. I saw couples out on dates. Families walking their dogs. Musicians playing at the local cafe. Puppies at the pet store. Workers decorating their store with Halloween essentials. The football game playing through the window of a local bar. I sampled different bread at the bakery. Different Ice cream at the yogurt shop. I windowed shopped. I tried on clothes that were way too expensive, already knowing that I'd never buy anything. Just for fun. With each passing person, I wondered where they were going? What were they like? How did they meet the person they were with? It amazes me everyday all the different types of people that all live in this  23 mile Island. It's a fun place to be. 

It was a peaceful night. I feel like every time I am out on the streets, I have a place to get to, and the pace of NYC is fast. I am practically running to the subway or the bus constantly. This however, was a great change of pace. I had nowhere to be, nothing specific to see--I just went. And could just soak in everything. All the sites, the smells, the noises, the tastes. I savored every moment. 


At the end of the night I realized, that though the company of my Husband or other friends is always the better option, maybe sometimes, spending a lot of time alone isn't so bad after all...




 Sometimes. 












3 comments:

  1. Neat pictures and I love to read your insightful comments. I remember the first time being apart from McKay after getting married. The time went soooo slow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jyl, it is so weird not being with him every night! and yes, time is going by sooooooo slow! haha thanks for all your comments! I love reading them. :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh sarah. I LOVE your blog. literally gonna be my new favorite blog! you are seriously the cutest ever. I am so jealous of all of the awesome experiences you guys are having. I LOVED that you just roamed the city alone and window shopped and tried on expensive clothes. so fun! I wish I could come see you guys and your place so bad..:(

    ReplyDelete