Bits and pieces of our life together in the Big Apple

Monday, October 22, 2012

Missing the Country

This weekend was great! On Friday Scot went on a campout with the young men in our ward. Scot is the 2nd counselor in the Young Men's Presidency, so he gets the benefit of getting to go on these awesome trips with the young men! So Jealous that he was able to get out of the city and into the woods! With a campfire. With Trees. With stars. With complete silence.....man oh man. Sometimes I really miss the country livin'. Even though Scot got the wonderful opportunity to venture out of the city for a night, I got the wonderful opportunity to have a little girls date night with my great friend Lindsey! Lindsey and her husband alex are fellow Utah State Aggies, and just moved here for her job. We have hung out with them a couple times since they moved, and it's been way fun! Lindsey and I met up for some Vietnamese, and then had ice cream. :) All of it, was so good to me. 

 


(PS Scot isn't exactly the photographer in the family, so I don't have any pictures from his camp out. You will just have to use your imagination to envision the campfire, stars, and endless amount of red, orange, and yellow trees he got to see on his trip)  ....the small things in life. Ha. apparently after living in the city for a few months, once you get out "the sky never seems bluer, and the trees never smell better". (Quote from Scot after he got back) 

This Friday night we have a ward Halloween party, in which costumes are a must. So Saturday night Scot and I went on an adventure to different Halloween and thrift shops throughout the city. unfortunately, it was unsuccessful. But hey, we got some fun pictures and great ideas!

  

  

Then last night we walked over to Lindsey and Alex's to stop by for a visit,  and we walked right along the water to get there. It is such an amazing view of the city right on the water. Just when I'm feeling sad and homesick for the trees, sky, and countryside. I see this: 


and realize how grateful we are.


Lastly, Thursday it rained harder than I've seen in a long time. It was a wet commute home, and  I don't know if strangers  appreciated me taking their picture, but it made for some fun artsy photos. Enjoy.  





3 comments:

  1. What a cute post Sarah! I love the rain shots at the end, they look like they should be in movie or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this post I guess but loved it with the costume hunting pictures. Scot is a funny guy! So neat he can serve with the Young Men, he will be a great influence on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jyl! I know, he will be such a good influence on them! and I was just called as the first counselor in the young women's presidency, so it's amazing and so fun that we can serve such similar callings together!

      Delete